April 3, 2013

Leaving? Or Coming Home?

I'm moving to Capitol Hill! Where specifically is still too early have a handle on, but I have four large garbage bags of clothes and accessories that I'm donating to Goodwill. And that's just the start.

No doubt it's going to be hard to downsize, and it might be really tough to have to pay mortgage and rent at the same time for an unknown amount of time, but I am so excited to finally be able to merge my living situation with my current lifestyle.

Not to mention all of the people that I vaguely knew lived on the hill that are coming out of the woodwork. The overlap in the people that I hang out with and what they know about me is nearly the same. But I still have several friends that don't know the whole picture. Granted, I can probably count them on one hand but it's annoying to have to censor what I say.

Maybe it's the tech writer in me, but I almost feel like I should send them an email or something, just so everyone is on the same page. Consistency!

And honestly, the move will probably be easier than I expect because we'll probably be using our house as a very expensive storage unit until we can get it fixed up and sold. Maybe that'll be a selling point! Comes half furnished with all this random stuff!

Things I will look forward to once I'm living on the hill:

  • Ability to bus to hip hop classes
  • Walking everywhere
  • Broadway Sunday Farmers Market
  • Thursday Story Gaming
  • 20 minute commute
  • Crumble & Flake
  • Seeing my friends on the weekdays
  • Walking the dogs
  • Feeling like I fit in
  • Cal Anderson Park
  • Ability to go out dancing/drinking and cab/Uber home if I wanted
  • So many good restaurants
  • Having people come to me instead of always going to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment