June 8, 2010

SIFF 2010

So we watched 4 movies during SIFF 2010.  Friday night was a midnight showing of Fight Club, the next day, Leaves of Grass, the day after that, Utopia in Four Movements, then the day after that The Wild Hunt.

Utopia was the only movie that wasn't filled with beating/deaths.  Funnily enough, Fight Club was the least death-ridden.  Only one death, and his name was Robert Paulson.  Leaves of Grass had the most deaths, with about 5 deaths, and The Wild Hunt ended up being very violent for people with foam swords etc. and had at least three deaths.

What do I take away from watching four movies in four days?
(1) I do not want to get beaten up or shot.
(2) It is hard to be optimistic when human beings have such a high potential for really fucking shit up. Especially when things get crazy.
(3) [insert cliché redeeming human quality and/or witty funny].

Seriously though, my first SIFF was pretty cool and seeing Edward Norton was pretty awesome.  Fight Club is still one of my most favorite movies ever and I've probably seen it more times than any other movie (though maybe not my Disney movies when I was a kid (i.e. Bambi, Beauty & the Beast, the Little Mermaid)).  Anyway, I'm looking forward to next year's gluttony of movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment