October 17, 2007

Why RTFM?

As a technical communicator, this particular phrase is dear to my heart. However, I haven't yet decided where I want to take this blog and the title may or may not change in the future. Why come back to blogging after a two year hiatus? I realized, after talking to one of my friends, that I had completely stopped writing creatively and actually missed it somewhat. There so much more I could be doing and I intend to explore that.

Wow this is sounding pretty dry. See what I mean by the lack of creativity? I also want this to be a spot where I can expound upon all the interesting things that make me so much more awesome and cool. In other words, a repository where I can put all the useless pictures I take. Mayhap this will also get me out of my photo-taking slump which has caused several events (Vegas, my party) to go largely undocumented. Though I did take tons of random pictures at my party using Megan's camera, they were not all together sober ones.

Since at the PAX panel that I went to on online blogging and podcasts mentioned consistency as its #1 suggestion with starting your own thing, that's why I've decided to only blog once a week for now, on Wednesdays. That way, this blogging thing won't take over my life and I won't get burnt out right away. The only problem I see with this is the potential for ginormous posts but I think I can get away with saving several drafts throughout the week and then posting them all at the same time on Wednesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment